The Information Window

I really liked some of the ideas I got out of yesterday's sketches, so I wanted to try experimenting on one of them.  Below is one of the sketches I hadn't completely finished before posting yesterday.


Based on the above sketch I decided to add some color.  I redrew things on some BFK and painted an under layer of gouache.  Then I went back over the dried paint with pencil to replicate the original textures.  


The gouache is proving canteniorious when it comes to color matching.  There is a drastic shift between it's color when wet on the palette and when dry on the page, and the shift isn't always in the same direction.  The yellow background for example was originally very pail, but turned rather vibrant as it dried.